Our Course sessions and workshops are tailored to meet the needs of the individuals and groups attending.
The creative use of drums and percussion instruments in a controlled environment enables resilience, and bounce-back ability.
The benefits of Rhythm Reaction CIC therapeutic drumming course sessions and workshops include:
- Developing dexterity, coordination, motor and psycho-motor skills
- Achieve a peaceful relaxed and calm mind
- Motivational, develop confidence, self-belief, improve self-esteem, creativity, communication skills and experience a sense of achievement
- Bring people together, building relationships and community spirit
- Improved mental and physical wellbeing
- Putting smiles on faces
Royal College of Music London has found that a 10-week programme of group drumming reduces depression by as much as 38% and anxiety by 20%. (Drumming has a positive impact on mental health finds Royal College of Music study 20 March 2016).
Drumming increases our Alpha brainwaves, those brainwaves associated with feelings of wellbeing and euphoria. (Lawrence Friedman, October 2000).
Rhythm Reaction CIC Drum-A-Cise research project 2018 /19 outcomes
In 2018/19 Rhythm Reaction CIC, funded by The National Lottery’s Awards For All delivered their Drum-A-Cise research project, delivering a 6-week course to 9 organisations across the Liverpool City Region with some amazing results. Using the short Warwick Edinburgh Mental Health Wellbeing Scale, participants were asked how they were feeling or thinking in relation to various questions. A positivity improvement regarding their mental health and wellbeing from the individuals across all of the groups increased from 58% pre course to 76% post course.